Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
- Will we see 5.30 released at Wakefield show? (News:1)
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact (News:)
- Netfetch version 5.55 released (News:)
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: General: Masters of ArtWorks

Masters of ArtWorks
  arenaman (12:04 28/9/2019)
  arawnsley (17:51 28/9/2019)
    arenaman (12:26 29/9/2019)
  GavCrawf (09:03 29/9/2019)
    arenaman (12:30 29/9/2019)
    arawnsley (15:19 29/9/2019)

Michael Stubbs Message #124581, posted by arenaman at 12:04, 28/9/2019
Is anyone on here, or does anyone on here know, an artist or graphic designer who is an ace with ArtWorks 2? I'm thinking along the lines of Nicholas van der Walle and Vantage, although it does not necessarily have to be that style. The user could use ArtWorks 2 professionally or in a private capacity - it is user capability I am looking for.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Rawnsley Message #124583, posted by arawnsley at 17:51, 28/9/2019, in reply to message #124581
R-Comp chap
There was a Dutch guy, Henk Huinen (spelling?), who was generally considered to be a bit of an Artworks guru at the time. I remember he'd be on the Desk (I think?) stand at the Dutch shows, doing Artworks demos.

He also, I think, did the StrongArm RiscPC beer labels which are affixed to a treasured little bottle on my shelf!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Gavin Crawford Message #124585, posted by GavCrawf at 09:03, 29/9/2019, in reply to message #124581
I would consider myself to fit that bill. I've been using ArtWorks and then ArtWorks2 professionally since 1994 in my job as a graphic designer and graphic artist - upto 2009 in the role at a commercial print and design company, and from then onwards in book publishing.

What is it you are after? Maybe some more details of the type of work required would help people know if they are capable and come forward.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Stubbs Message #124586, posted by arenaman at 12:26, 29/9/2019, in reply to message #124583
There was a Dutch guy, Henk Huinen (spelling?), who was generally considered to be a bit of an Artworks guru at the time. I remember he'd be on the Desk (I think?) stand at the Dutch shows, doing Artworks demos.

He also, I think, did the StrongArm RiscPC beer labels which are affixed to a treasured little bottle on my shelf!
Many thanks, Andrew. I have managed to track his official online presence down.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Stubbs Message #124587, posted by arenaman at 12:30, 29/9/2019, in reply to message #124585
I would consider myself to fit that bill. I've been using ArtWorks and then ArtWorks2 professionally since 1994 in my job as a graphic designer and graphic artist - upto 2009 in the role at a commercial print and design company, and from then onwards in book publishing.

What is it you are after? Maybe some more details of the type of work required would help people know if they are capable and come forward.
Thanks for responding to my post.

Would you mind emailing me, please? My email address consists of 'web' and 'sites' as one word, followed by @, and my name Michael Stubbs as one word, ending with '.co.uk'. I'll explain all in reply.

Sorry for the ridiculous way of portraying my email address. I'm hoping to avoid at least some spam.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Rawnsley Message #124588, posted by arawnsley at 15:19, 29/9/2019, in reply to message #124585
R-Comp chap
Gavin sounds ideal - very much best to talk to someone who is still active and enthused rather than a former expert.

However, the other name "back in the day" was a guy who wrote for Acorn Publisher, I think. IIRC he did the Artworks Midget (car) and other semi-famous Artworks illustrations.

OK, so I'm getting confused. Alan Burns did the Midget, and I'm thinking of Walter Briggs writing for Acorn Publisher. I think. So... Long... Ago!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: General: Masters of ArtWorks