User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:4)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:1)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
- RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024 (News:)
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: Programming: Pinbored

Pinbored
  (16:56 18/4/2002)

Phlamethrower Message #5009, posted at 16:56, 18/4/2002
Unregistered user ... is the name of a new C++ utility thing I'm writing. It's designed to make creating animated pinboard replacement things (e.g. !Sheep2) as easy as 1,2,3. At the moment it's quite simple, but it already supports:

* Different coloured backgrounds
* Displaying sprite objects
* 'Think' code for each object, so you can set up animations, movements, etc. by specifying the time you want them to occur
* Collision detection, either finding out what is under a single point or what is colliding with an object

Soon I'll have mouse click events being transferred to objects, so if your backdrop has some animated creatures of some sort then you can click on them to pick them up, scare them off, etc.

I'll also sort out private memory space for each object, extra effects you can apply to the objects (They are being plotted as icons, so effects could include being selected, greyed out, text, etc.), some easy to use method of layering the objects, functions to work out how large an object is based around its sprite (The current system draws things using screen pixels, but the WIMP works in OS units and its icon plotter will attempt to rescale sprites depending on their DPI), and an options window.

^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: Programming: Pinbored