Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i3 edition reviewed (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:5)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:2)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:2)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Why is it so quiet?

Why is it so quiet?
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Jeffrey Lee Message #34781, posted by Phlamethrower at 19:57, 27/2/2003
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Well? :frown:
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34782, posted by tlsa at 20:00, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34781

I'm here! :o
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34783, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:01, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34782

:o

Yay :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34784, posted by tlsa at 20:02, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34783

Yay :)
... but I have nothing to say. :(
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34785, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:02, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34784

:(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34786, posted by tlsa at 20:03, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34785

:(
/me tsks you for posting here and not converting Asylum to C. :P;)
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #34787, posted by ksattic at 20:04, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34783
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

I was wondering that too. It's like the calm before the storm. I was expecting MD to make some kind of announcement this month about the availability of Omega after hearing about the five show machines and the machine in Germany.

Castle are pretty quiet too - they're working on IDE DMA for the Iyonix and the release version of Oregano 2.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34788, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:06, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34787

I was talking more about the playpen being quiet, not the RISC OS world in general :P

But let's hope that it is a calm before the storm :)

(A good storm that is, not a bad one :o)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #34789, posted by ksattic at 20:08, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34788
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

I was talking more about the playpen being quiet, not the RISC OS world in general :P
He he, oops!

I think it's pretty quiet all over at the moment. The latest TIB news article is hilarious - about Drobe reporting on the editor poll! :D
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34790, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:10, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34789

Talking of which,

WOO! STRONGED RULES! WOO!

:)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34791, posted by tlsa at 20:12, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34790

Talking of which,

:)
/me likes zap. :P
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34792, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:13, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34791

/me doesn't like you :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #34793, posted by ksattic at 20:15, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34790
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

Not according to the poll! :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34794, posted by tlsa at 20:18, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34791

What do you think about the 2 new computers in the RISC OS merket? I think that since they are simmilarly priced, once they are both out and if there is a clear "best", then everyone will buy that computer. This may lead to either castle or microdigital not making enough profit to continue. :( But at least there will be a choice so people can decide which is better for them. :)
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34795, posted by tlsa at 20:22, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34792

/me doesn't like you :P
Well I like Zap for viewing files because of the swift font system, however, I hate the cursor - I prefer a wee red line to a block. :P I usualy use Edit for things that I write myself.

I think I'll try to convert myself to Zap though.
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Gavin Smith Message #34796, posted by SparkY at 20:22, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34794
Danger! Danger! High Voltage!
Big bouncy boobies :E
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34797, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:26, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34794

What do you think about the 2 new computers in the RISC OS merket?
What 2 new computers? ;)

I think that since they are simmilarly priced, once they are both out and if there is a clear "best", then everyone will buy that computer.
Probably, but how it may be hard to class which one is best since they're so different. But MD are supposedly going to be shipping Omegas with X-Scales and stuff, so they may not be that different after all...

This may lead to either castle or microdigital not making enough profit to continue.
Ah, but there are the 'other markets' ;)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34799, posted by Phlamethrower at 20:27, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34795

Well I like Zap for viewing files because of the swift font system, however, I hate the cursor - I prefer a wee red line to a block. :P I usualy use Edit for things that I write myself.

I think I'll try to convert myself to Zap though.
StrongEd has swift fonts :o (Assuming you're talking about redraw speed or something :|)
And I'm sure that you can configure it to use a line cursor. :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34801, posted by tlsa at 20:31, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34797

What 2 new computers? ;)
|iyonix| & |omega|

(Yay! Thats the first time I've used those new graphics!)
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #34803, posted by ksattic at 20:34, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34794
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

What do you think about the 2 new computers in the RISC OS merket? I think that since they are simmilarly priced, once they are both out and if there is a clear "best", then everyone will buy that computer. This may lead to either castle or microdigital not making enough profit to continue.)
I don't think MD will make their millions from Omega. I seem to think it's a side-project and other parts of their business are bringing in the money.

I think people will choose which machine they prefer. It's not good having two machines running operating systems which are on two diverging(?) paths.

After the Omega comes out, there will still be the wait for the XScale card. Should be good though to have 1GHz+ performance!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34804, posted by tlsa at 20:37, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34799

StrongEd has swift fonts :o (Assuming you're talking about redraw speed or something :|)
Swift (See table near the bottom of the page.) I made up most of those over 2 years ago when I was at school! :) The swift thing is that all my friends still use them naturaly. I usually remember not to use them when I am in a place where people won't know what I'm on about but that time I slipped up. :P
And I'm sure that you can configure it to use a line cursor. :)
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34805, posted by tlsa at 20:43, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34803

I think people will choose which machine they prefer. It's not good having two machines running operating systems which are on two diverging(?) paths.
Yes I totaly agree on that. Hopefully castle can colaberate with RISC OS Ltd and make Select for RISC OS 5 and that might bring them back to closer paths.
After the Omega comes out, there will still be the wait for the XScale card. Should be good though to have 1GHz+ performance!
I just hope Arm Twister works although I don't see why is shouldn't, since Aemulor works so well.
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34806, posted by Phlamethrower at 21:01, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34801

:sparky: :sparky: :flyingpig: :madban:
:sparky: :flyingpig: :flyingpig:
|iyonix| :duck::flamethrower: :duck::flamethrower:
======== :duck::flamethrower:
================
|omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| :ironlord: :mentat: :basilbrush:
:monkey::tlsa: :hertzsprung: :kinetic: |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| :richg: :tardis: :handbag: :coffee::andypoole::coffee::andypoole::coffee::andypoole::coffee: |omega||omega|
:moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss:

Ah, another perfect day in RISC OS land. The pigs are flying high, the rocketducks swooping low, the mad moon illuminating the sky, and a storm brewing on the horizon. Down below a monkey paints a ghost scaring a villager. Just outside the palace a passer-by witnesses a time lord sneaking into his tardis. Mentat returns home from the shopping, and the lemmings are harvesting the coffee beans under the watchful eye of Emperor Brush. :)

You will not believe how long it took me to draw that! :frown:
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34807, posted by Phlamethrower at 21:04, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34804

Swift (See table near the bottom of the page.) I made up most of those over 2 years ago when I was at school! :) The swift thing is that all my friends still use them naturaly. I usually remember not to use them when I am in a place where people won't know what I'm on about but that time I slipped up. :P
Oh dear. I pity you :( :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #34809, posted by Phlamethrower at 21:24, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34781

Where's everyone gone again? :frown:
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34810, posted by tlsa at 21:24, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34806

Ah, another perfect day in RISC OS land. The pigs are flying high, the rocketducks swooping low, the mad moon illuminating the sky, and a storm brewing on the horizon. Down below a monkey paints a ghost scaring a villager. Just outside the palace a passer-by witnesses a time lord sneaking into his tardis. Mentat returns home from the shopping, and the lemmings are harvesting the coffee beans under the watchful eye of Emperor Brush. :)
Heh! Thats fantastic! :)
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34812, posted by tlsa at 21:25, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34809

Where's everyone gone again? :frown:
You won't escape me that easily. :P
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #34813, posted by andypoole at 21:27, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34806
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

:sparky: :sparky: :flyingpig: :madban:
:sparky: :flyingpig: :flyingpig:
|iyonix| :duck::flamethrower: :duck::flamethrower:
======== :duck::flamethrower:
================
|omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| :ironlord: :mentat: :basilbrush:
:monkey::tlsa: :hertzsprung: :kinetic: |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| |omega| :richg: :tardis: :handbag: :coffee::andypoole::coffee::andypoole::coffee::andypoole::coffee: |omega||omega|
:moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss::moss:

You will not believe how long it took me to draw that! :frown:
You must be so bored :laugh:

That is really good though :E
________
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #34814, posted by tlsa at 21:27, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34807

Oh dear. I pity you :( :P
:frown:
________
SmoothArtist
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Wilson Message #34818, posted by ksattic at 21:46, 27/2/2003, in reply to message #34806
ksattic
Finally, an avatar!

Fantastic! Well done! :D

Does your picture imply that Castle are hoarding Omegas in their factory?

I'm not in the picture. :( Though my storm made an appearance! :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (2): 1 > >|

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Why is it so quiet?