User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:4)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:1)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
- RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024 (News:)
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
Related articles
- ABug provide more interesting retro talks to pass the time this Christmas
- Software Preservation at the ROUGOL Show
- Arculator updated to add A4 emulation and more podule support
- Acorn Preservation Team want to help archive your old data before it's too late
- Pass the time this Christmas with a selection of RISC OS and BBC Micro talks
- Cloverleaf drops promise of including retro games with Kickstarter rewards (Updated)
- Organizer 2.29 Reviewed
- Episode VI - Return of the JFPatch
- Wakefield show postponed due to COVID-19
- RISC OS London Show 2019
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: News and features: iSV shuts up shop

iSV shuts up shop

Posted by Richard Goodwin on 10:29, 29/6/2001 |

Aaron Timbrell has announced that, after seven years service to the RISC OS community, iSV will no longer be releasing software for the platform.

The cutoff date for orders is 29th June; after that some of their top titles such as DrawWorks and StarFighter 3000 will be made available from APDL. The company will continue to trade under a different name, but will concentrate on Windows database and web products.

iSV shuts up shop
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Martin Bazley Message #118942, posted by swirlythingy at 18:07, 3/10/2011, in reply to message #118932

I knew people were going to say that, but the software is named after NF's Webster also.
Colin Webster NF union jack flag t-shirt size was XL.
This man is either very, very stupid, or very, very clever. (I know which I think.)

Hey, Tarquin, do you do commissions? Maybe you could be of some use to the RISC OS market after all...

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Insult Tarquin Mills and receive a FULLY PERSONALISED nutjob conspiracy theory centred around YOUR very own surname! Bespoke service provided! Each insult crafted with the utmost care, inattention and lack of expertise! A perfect Christmas gift for your loved ones and not-so-loved ones! Simply pay a small fee to cover *ahem* administrative costs, and all profits go to the RISC OS Open Ltd (who are, of course, non-existent Jews) bounty scheme (which is, of course... actually, I don't think he's mentioned that yet). Available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY (until the men in white coats come to take Tarquin away for another five years)! Don't delay, order today!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118943, posted by filecore at 18:08, 3/10/2011, in reply to message #118942

a FULLY PERSONALISED nutjob conspiracy theory centred around YOUR very own surname!
Ooh ooh ooh, I'd be all for one of those! Especially considering my surname and how it's got nothing whatsoever to do with the production or sale of RISC OS hardware.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

VinceH Message #118953, posted by VincceH at 23:49, 3/10/2011, in reply to message #118930
VincceH
Lowering the tone since the dawn of time

Surely the Roy in question must be Roy Heslop who ran CTA Direct
I knew there was a Roy somewhere out there involved in a business in RISC OS land, I just couldn't drag the necessary data out of its hiding place in my brain.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Stephen Scott Message #118954, posted by sa_scott at 00:06, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118953
Can someone pass me the popcorn? This thread is great big smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tarquin Alexander Graham Mills Message #118968, posted by Reboot at 14:53, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118943
a FULLY PERSONALISED nutjob conspiracy theory centred around YOUR very own surname!
Jason Togneri wrote:
Ooh ooh ooh, I'd be all for one of those! Especially considering my surname and how it's got nothing whatsoever to do with the production or sale of RISC OS hardware.
Togneri is Argentinian name, Argentina was a
fascist country under the Perons and General Galtieri.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Rob Kendrick Message #118969, posted by nunfetishist at 15:04, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118968
nunfetishist
Today's phish is trout a la creme.

Mills is a surname of the gay atheist agenda, too. (Jerry, Scott and David.) I think they should be banned!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Trevor Johnson Message #118970, posted by trevj at 15:27, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118968
Corrupted. Try a Reboot.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tarquin Alexander Graham Mills Message #118972, posted by Reboot at 17:01, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118969
Do not lie Rob Ken-dick and that includes some of your earlier postings as well.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Rob Kendrick Message #118973, posted by nunfetishist at 17:07, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118972
nunfetishist

Look them all up on Wikipedia if you don't believe me, Tarquin!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118975, posted by filecore at 19:28, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118968

Jason Togneri wrote:
Togneri is Argentinian name, Argentina was a
fascist country under the Perons and General Galtieri.
Oh my. You just can't make this stuff up smile

EDIT: except that, apparently, you can.

[Edited by filecore at 20:19, 4/10/2011]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Blind Moose Message #118978, posted by Acornut at 22:53, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118968
Acornut No-eye-deer (No Idea)

Togneri is Argentinian name...
I think you'll find it's more Italian, which makes him Roman.

And what have the Romans done for us? "...apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order..." laugh
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Sion Message #118979, posted by apacketofsweets at 22:54, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118942
apacketofsweets
RISC OS, too cool for Javascript.

until the men in white coats come to take Tarquin away for another five years
That reminds me, where did Tarquin disappear to for half a decade? it seems like he dissapeared overnight, and then managed to to reappear five years later with the sole purpose of reviving 10 year old threads and spouting racist conspiracy theories.

Perhaps he was kidnapped by the one entity that controls RComp, RCI, APDL, iSV, CJE and 4D in order to prevent Tarquin from revealing the murky, disgusting truth that this mysterious identity is hiding to the RISC OS-using public. During his many years in captivity, Tarquin managed to invent a human shrinking device in order for him to modify his physical stature enough to fit through the cracks in the windowpane of the room he was being held captive in.

Then, during his grand escape, Tarquin, in his new, shrunk form, managed to accidentally wander into a synagogue. During his time being surrounded by orthadox jews, Tarquin noticed that Dave Holden is in attendance, selling RISC OS Hebrew software to non-RISC OS using Orthadox Jews. How dastardly of him. Aware of Dave Holden's shenanigans, Tarquin returns to his home in Norwich to reveal the truth online, causing the RISC OS community to boycott all of APDL's wares, eventually causing Dave Holden to return to his previous faith and resulting in all Hebrew software for RISC OS being banned.

After finally bringing an end to Dave Holden and his Hebrew software-selling ways, Tarquin decided to hunt Andrew Rawnsley down, the person that he believed had kidnapped him in order to prevent the rest of the RISC OS world from finding out the truth. Upon arriving in R-Comp's Knutsford location, Tarquin realized someone had already beaten him to it and kidnapped Andrew Rawnsley. Who could it be? Quite obviously it was Roy Heslop of CTA Direct, who had become aware of Andrew's attempt at conning him by not only having many different identities, but also running the majority of the remaining RISC OS market. Tarquin is still on the case...

This is a scandal if ever I saw one.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

qUE Message #118980, posted by qUE at 23:37, 4/10/2011, in reply to message #118979
qUE

Norwich.

Norfolk tis a strange place.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Trevor Johnson Message #118981, posted by trevj at 06:00, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118671
TIB has never had a policy of doing deleting posts or threads, even those which are obvious trolls. In fact, in some instances, it's led to much enduring humour.
^this. Plus, if you don't want to see his posts, you'll find a "Block user" button under his posts which will hide them from your view.
Maybe not. But it seems to have been done before (1, 2).
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Willcocks Message #118983, posted by Stoppers at 08:45, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118978

Togneri is Argentinian name...
I think you'll find it's more Italian, which makes him Roman.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Mafia...
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Blind Moose Message #118984, posted by Acornut at 10:31, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118983
Acornut No-eye-deer (No Idea)

I was thinking more along the lines of the Mafia...
Yeah! But then I soo wanted to put the "Monty Python, Life of Brian" bit in. smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tarquin Alexander Graham Mills Message #118985, posted by Reboot at 12:52, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118984
Paul Togneri is the SNP Press Officer.

Calling St Simon & St Jude a synagogue is rude and a lie, again members of my church are attacked. It is a good thing that David Holden will stop Hebrew software sales, can APDL confirm that. What about Hebrew PD as that given away free not sold is that stopped too.

Rob Kendrick which pages on Wikipedia?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Rob Kendrick Message #118987, posted by nunfetishist at 14:22, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118985
nunfetishist

Tarquin: For the people I mentioned. You know, the "Mills" gay atheist agenda. Look up all those people on Wikipedia that I mentioned for it all to be exposed!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Tarquin Alexander Graham Mills Message #118988, posted by Reboot at 18:39, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118987
Do they have surnames?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118989, posted by filecore at 19:41, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118988

Allow me to paraphrase the last half a dozen or so posts between Tarquin and Rob...

Rob:
Mills is a surname of the gay atheist agenda, too. (Jerry, Scott and David.) I think they should be banned!
Tarquin:
Do not lie Rob
Rob:
Look them all up on Wikipedia if you don't believe me, Tarquin!
Tarquin:
which pages on Wikipedia?
Rob:
the "Mills" gay atheist agenda. Look up all those people on Wikipedia that I mentioned
Tarquin:
Do they have surnames?
Tarquin, you're a bit dim, aren't you? big smile
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Martin Bazley Message #118990, posted by swirlythingy at 19:49, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118988

I've changed my mind. I think Tarquin actually is putting it on, and is not in fact mentally ill. His recent responses, in which he apparently fails to realise that everyone is making fun of him, strongly suggest that he's just trolling and getting away with saying the most offensive things he can think of under the disguise of an inmate of the funny farm.

Like Tourette's syndrome. A real mental problem, but oh so desirable to fake.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118991, posted by filecore at 20:16, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118990

he's just trolling and getting away with saying the most offensive things he can think of
You don't say. Welcome to the internet.
dickwad-theory.jpg 537x310 23.5KB
dickwad-theo...
537x310
23.5KB

^[ Log in to reply ]

Sion Message #118992, posted by apacketofsweets at 21:09, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118990
apacketofsweets
RISC OS, too cool for Javascript.

I've changed my mind. I think Tarquin actually is putting it on

Of course he's putting it on, that's what trolls do, for example, look at the comment he posted accusing me of abusing members of his church, he's being deliberately preposterous in order to get a response.

and is not in fact mentally ill.
Well, you'd have to question his mental state for posting such drivel on the Internet for the last ten years or so. His shenanigans are not the behaviour of a normal, sane thirty-something male.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #118993, posted by andypoole at 22:23, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118991
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

he's just trolling and getting away with saying the most offensive things he can think of
You don't say. Welcome to the internet.
I'm not sure John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory applies here. He's not hiding behind anonymity...

I'm not entirely certain he qualifies for "Normal Person", either wink
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118994, posted by filecore at 22:37, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118993

He's not hiding behind anonymity...
The theory is fine, he's just streamlined it (where in this case the 'person' variable is Tarquin):

Tarquin + audience = total dickwad.

Sounds to me like it applies just perfectly. Hmm, perhaps we could streamline it more. Is the audience strictly necessary for Tarquin to be considered a dickwad?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

VinceH Message #118995, posted by VincceH at 23:31, 5/10/2011, in reply to message #118994
VincceH
Lowering the tone since the dawn of time

Is the audience strictly necessary for Tarquin to be considered a dickwad?
Unless he considers himself a dickwad*, then I guess the answer is that an audience of at least one is needed.

* Tarquin: Do you consider yourself a dickwad?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Paul Vernon Message #118996, posted by PaulV at 12:08, 6/10/2011, in reply to message #118989
laugh laugh laugh

At first I really wanted the block option enabled on my account but this is just too funny to warrant blocking now...

It's like watching "Brain Dead" or "Bad Taste", so bad, it's good!

Paul
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jason Togneri Message #118997, posted by filecore at 13:32, 6/10/2011, in reply to message #118996

Oh, the world just loves to amuse. I spotted this at the beginning of the faux intro to the latest episode of American Dad...
gayjewishmedia.jpg 623x353 79.6KB
gayjewishmed...
623x353
79.6KB

^[ Log in to reply ]

Tarquin Alexander Graham Mills Message #119129, posted by Reboot at 13:44, 16/10/2011, in reply to message #118997
David "apdl" Holden has appeared on other threads to threat people for knowing that he is Jew, but his extreme reaction proves it.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Paul Johnson Message #119130, posted by nodoid at 17:12, 16/10/2011, in reply to message #119129
Wha? sorry? did I miss something? no... good.. sleepytime...
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (4): |< < 3 > >|

The Icon Bar: News and features: iSV shuts up shop